The Most Highly Rated Campgrounds in Eastern Iowa [PHOTOS]
Summer will be here before you know it, so we took a look at Google to figure out the best places to spend a little time away this season!
I haven't been camping in quite a few years, but it was definitely one of the most wonderful parts of my childhood. There's nothing better than getting away for a few days and enjoying the peacefulness of the outdoors while canoeing, hiking, swimming, or just sitting around a campfire. A quick Google search revealed a list of some of the most highly rated campgrounds in our state, and there are a lot of them! If you're planning a camping trip this summer, here are a few places you might like to visit:
- Morgan Creek Park - 7515 Worcester Rd, Palo
- Squaw Creek Park - 4305 Squaw Ln, Marion
- Sugar Bottom Campground - 2192 Mehaffey Bridge Rd NE, Solon
- Coralville Dam Complex Campgrounds - Iowa City
- Pleasant Creek State Recreation Area - 4530 McClintock Road, Palo
- Sandy Beach Campground - 3369 Sandy Beach Rd. NE, Solon
- Pulpit Rock Campground - 505 Pulpit Rock Rd, Decorah
- Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA Resort - 4550 Hess Rd, Waterloo
- Kent Park - 2048 Highway 6 NW, Oxford
- Pinicon Ridge Park - 4948 Valley Farm Rd, Central City
For more Iowa campgrounds, click HERE.
Where's your favorite place to camp in Eastern Iowa? Leave your favorite in the comments!