Iowa Hosts Three Oktoberfest Events in One Weekend
It's going to be a very busy weekend for me! Late last month, my friend bought us tickets and booked us a hotel for the Adventureland Oktoberfest in Altoona. Little did we know that the Adventureland Oktoberfest is the same weekend as the Amana one. I've been to every Amana Oktoberfest since I moved to Iowa, so I can't miss one now! That's why we decided to visit Amana on Friday night, on top of heading to Altoona on Saturday. My body is going to be 98% beer and brats and I couldn't be happier!
Here are some details on two of the Oktoberfest celebrations happening in Iowa this weekend:
- Adventureland Oktoberfest
- Adventureland Resort
- Saturday, September 30th
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Must be 21+
- Live music on 7 stages, games, contests, and food
- Select rides open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Live music on the main stage from the Gin Blossoms at 1 p.m.
- Souvenir mugs will be $12 with $6 refills
- Free parking
- $25 through 9/29, $30 day-of - season ticket holders are free
- For additional details click HERE
- Amana Oktoberfest
- Amana Colonies
- Friday, September 29th through Sunday, October 1st
- Official Keg Tapping Ceremony will take place Friday at 2 p.m. at the Festhalle Barn
- Live music at the Festhalle Barn will begin at noon on Friday and at 11 a.m. on Saturday & Sunday
- More live music at Millstream Brewery and Ronneburg Restaurant
- Parade begins Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Games, contests, food, theatre, and kids' activities
- Free off-site parking & shuttle trolley are available Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- 1-day pass is $10, 2-day pass is $15, and Sunday admission is free
- For more details click HERE