Cedar Rapids House Fire Caused by Fireworks
A family of four has been displaced due to a fire that caused significant damage to their Cedar Rapids home.
The Cedar Rapids Fire Department was called to a two-alarm fire at 3455 Dalewood Ave. SE at 6:40 Monday evening. According to a release from Battalion Chief Jason Andrews, "the garage was fully involved in fire" when fire crews arrived. The fire, which started in the garage, had made its way to the attic and 2nd floor of the attached home. Firefighters entered the home but, due to its fast spread, were pulled to fight the blaze from outside. They eventually went back inside to put out the remaining fire.
The report called in to the Cedar Rapids Fire Department indicated the house had caught on fire due to fireworks. Two adults and two children were home at the time of the fire, but no one was injured.
[via Cedar Rapids Fire Department]