Cedar Rapids Home Damaged After Gas Grill Catches Fire
Cedar Rapids firefighters have put out a house fire that began when a gas grill caught fire. Crews were called to the home at 7007 Doubletree Road NE at around 9:15 p.m. last night. Police at the scene told KCRG that a propane tank for a gas grill had caught fire.
The explosion sent flames from the grill up onto the deck and back of the house. Fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly. The home suffered minor damage. The man who was using the grill at the time escaped unharmed and no one else suffered injuries.
Several reports from the neighborhood say they heard the explosion from the propane tank.